Laramie Plains Museum
603 East Ivinson Street
Laramie, WY 82070
Museum tours are offered Tuesday - Saturday 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Tours are guided through the three floors of museum and last about an hour.
Offices and the Carriage House Gift Shop are open Tues - Sat 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Rates: Adults - $10.00; Seniors - $7:00; Students - $5.00; Families - $25.00; AAA adult rate - $8.00; Children under 6 - free. Discounts given for families, seniors, students, and military.
Please call for exact hours - the museum is closed at times for special events. Tours begin whenever you arrive. A Viewbook is available for those who cannot climb stairs.
How to set up a Group Tour
The Laramie Plains Museum is open most of the year. All tours are guided and our docents are trained to provide interesting and informative tours for all ages. Tours are free for school groups, and the staff and volunteers are happy to set up customized tours for you. If you wish to arrange a tour, call the museum office at 307.742.4448. As museum staffing is limited, it is best to call Tuesday through Saturday afternoons from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. At that time, we will arrange a tour time, and make preliminary plans.
What we need to know:
- The size of your group. The museum simply cannot hold more than 40 people at a time.
- Grade level of your students. This helps us tailor information.
- Any special requests, such as a focus on the Ivinson family or Laramie area history.
What you should know:
- Parking can be difficult while the University is in session. If you need to park your bus, you may need to warn the bus driver that it may be impossible to park near the mansion.
- We will divide your class into groups of no more that 10 children. Please plan to have one adult for each small group. This helps us to keep an eye on the children and then the children have a familiar person with them just in case.
Our Docents will remind your students of some basic museum etiquette. It is always helpful if you review these basic, and simple rules before visiting.